Job Title: Panel Assembler – Special
Assembly of electrical control panel and junction boxes and some wire harnesses from blue prints. This position is responsible for the physical assembly, wiring and testing of control panels for manufacturing and processing equipment. The Electrical Control Panel Assembler will fabricate control panels, including layout and physical mounting of components to the back panel, wiring of all components, installation of the control panel into enclosures, and testing to ensure proper operation. All duties must be performed in accordance with all company policies and procedures.
Reports To: Operations Manager
- Cuts, terminates, and labels wires using work instructions.
- Cuts wire way, covers and din rail to length using samples and work instructions.
- Creates wire labels and component labels from computer.
- Manufacturer’s small parts assemblies.
- Completes traveler paperwork.
- Meet customer’s product quality requirements. Report any product quality issues.
- Responsible for adherence to UL508a Standards.
- Offer new ideas and methods to achieve Continual Improvement.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Maintain a high level workplace organization.
- Perform any related functions as required.
- Ability to read electrical schematics is required, including knowledge of UL508a
- Attention to detail, with clear focus and a strong desire to succeed
- Be Safety conscious, dependable, and contribute to our positive environment and culture
- Ability to analyze and improve processes to improve quality and efficiency
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment, with minimum supervision
- Detailed knowledge of electrical systems, code requirements, and instrumentation
- High school diploma or equivalent, Associates degree or Trade school or certificate is a plus
- Minimum 3 years of Electrical Technician experience